S.P.D SMITH (Steven Peter Devereux Smith) (Age 27)
Smith is a right-handed Australian batsman and is presently the holder of no. 1 rank in ICC World Player rankings in tests. He is also the present Australian team captain in all the three formats which tells about his ability of having been capable of scoring well in each. He started his career as an all-rounder because he can bowl leg spin as well but now primarily plays more as a batsman. He also represents New South Wales Blue and Sydney Sixers in the league matches. Has also played as a batsmen from Rajasthan Royals, Kochi Tuskers Kerala, and Pune Warriors India and presently from the Dhobi’s Pune Supergiant’s team in IPL.
Top Batsman In ICC World Test Rankings
Steve made his International Cricket debut in a T20 international match while playing against Pakistan in Feb 2010 at Melbourne. Also he made his One-day international debut against West Indies on the same ground and in the same month. He made his test debut in July 2010 at Lords cricket ground against Pakistan. Apart from his influential bowling and batting skills, Smith is a brilliant fielder as well. He moreover made his debut as a captain while playing against India at Gabba. Michael Clarke’s retirement was the event when he gained the full time access to his team as a captain. Previous to that, he played as a vice-captain of the team. He is famous in the world due to his extra-ordinary moves and strokes within the crease. He looks like a calm and composed batsman no matter how much is the pressure on his shoulders. He also has for a lot of times lifted up Australian team towards the victory when there were nearly no chances for the same.
- Has won the Allan Border Medal for the best player in the Australian Cricket
- Was awarded the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy on 23rd December 2015 for being the ICC Cricketer of the Year as well as the Test Cricketer of the year.
- Has a top score of 215 in tests and 149 runs in the ODIs.
- Was the leading wicket taker at the 2008 KFC 20/20 competition.
- As a captain he has played 11 test matches out of which he won 7 and 4 were draw, 22 ODI matches ( 14-won and 7-lost) and 8 T20 matches to win 4 of them and losing the rest 4.
- Also became the first Australian skipper to open their captaincy with 3 consecutive centuries
- Has won 1 player of the series award and 6 man of the match awards in test format, 2 Player of the Series and 6 man of the match awards In ODIs as well and 1 T20 Man of the Match award.
- Is also a recipient of 2014 and 2015 McGilvray Award
- Has also bagged the Australian Test Player of the year , Australian One-Day International Player of the Year, ICC Player of the Year , ICC Test Player of the Year and the Wisden Cricketers of the Year awards in the year 2015